As some of you know, we are in the middle of renovations - opening up our kitchen, dining, and living room to be one big space. Since my dear hubby is installing all of the hardwood himself, things are taking a bit longer than expected. In the meantime, I've been dreaming up plans for what I want to do with the space.
I really like to mix styles - rustic with regency, feminine and masculine, etc.
1. We already have our paint, Sherwin Williams "Retiring Blue" from the Harmony line. Zero VOCs means it's safe for baby. I cannot wait until the flooring is done and I can see this gorgeous color on our walls!
2. A small sectional. This one is from West Elm. While I'd love cream or white, no way that is going to happen in a home with a dog that lives on the couch and a little one on the way.
3. Our coffee table. We can complements on this EVERY time someone walks in the door. It's from a local artist Scott Alan Ewine (don't worry he sells on Esty - click here to see all of his work!) The wood all has a story and his prices are reasonable!
4. Yeah, I still love sunburst gold mirrors. This one is from Joss and Main.
5. A gorgeous leather armchair has been on my wishlist for years. This one is available on Gilt.
6. Gold and glass regency style side tables - I love how these contrast with the wood coffee table. Available at Gilt.
Chris and I are expecting our first child, a baby boy in early June. Once our renovations are complete, we won't have much time to get the nursery ready, so I have to know exactly what I want. We planned on putting him in our master suite with us in the beginning. We only have one extra bedroom and would like to leave it available for guests until he needs his own space. Here are some nurseries I love:
I'm not crazy about decals, but the wood floors here match what we are installing, and the crib on the top of my list so far looks similar.